AMT Vehicle Rental takes its commitment to your privacy seriously and any information you supply to us is treated with the utmost care.
AMT Vehicle Rental Ltd, (“we” or “us”) may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations in relation to any contract you enter with us, and to help us to administer your account with us or with any of our partners;
- to help identify services and products which you might be interested in, as offered by us or our partners from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the information you have provided, any information we hold about you and information from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies);
- to ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to carry out market analysis and customer profiling, conduct market research, and create statistical and testing information;
- to help prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us or our partners, unless you have previously asked us not to do so by ticking the relevant box provided when we collect your data;
- for quality assurance and training..
If you do not want us to use your data in way (f) above, you must tick the relevant box when we collect your data. We may also provide aggregate information about our users to our advertisers, e.g. we may inform them that 1000 men under 35 have clicked on their advert on any given day.
Some of the personal data you give us may be sensitive personal data, such as health details, and details of criminal convictions. You agree that we or our partners may hold this data and use it for the purposes we have set out above.
We will not disclose your personal data except as follows:
- we may disclose it to our partners, who will use it only for the same purposes as we would use it for (as above), and we may disclose it to the finance company who again will only use it for the purposes as set out above;
- we may disclose it to any potential purchaser of our business or assets, or of any part of our business or assets;
- we may disclose it if we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- we may disclose it for the purposes of fraud detection or for our own (or our partner’s) credit risk reduction.
In each of these cases, we will only disclose the data under conditions of confidentiality.
From time to time, the service providers and organisations to whom we need to disclose your data may be outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data as the UK. We will, in these cases, use all reasonable endeavours to ensure sufficient protection is in place to safeguard your personal information.
Again, any health details you provide, or details of criminal convictions, may be used in the ways noted above. In connection with this contract we may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make decisions or take actions (see below). If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations who may use it to make decisions or take actions (see below). If you need details of these agencies please contact The Data Manager, whose registered office is at AMT House, 174 Armley Road, Leeds, LS12 2QH United Kingdom.
The purposes for which we or they may use your data and our records are to:
- trace debtors, and recover debt;
- prevent fraud;
- check your identity to prevent money laundering; and Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have provided them with a copy of these Terms and Conditions and that they agree to the use of their personal data in the ways noted above.
You have the right to access the data we hold about you. To exercise this right, please write to us at AMT Vehicle Rental Ltd, AMT House, 174 Armley Road, Leeds, LS12 2QH United Kingdom and enclose a fee of £20 to help cover our costs of providing you with the data.
Questions and comments about this data protection policy are welcomed and should be addressed to AMT Vehicle Rental Ltd, AMT House, 174 Armley Road, Leeds, LS12 2QH United Kingdom.
A cookie is a piece of information our website will place on your computer's hard drive that can track your movements while you are on the website. It will also recognise you when you visit our website again.
- Help you navigate around the site,
- Tracking your order,
- Gathering usage information which we use to improve the site’s performance.
We do not store any information in cookies which could be used to identify you personally, nor are any sensitive details stored in the cookie.